Parenting and A Trip to the Park
Carly, Day 192, July 11, 2026
The weather has been so pleasant in Strangerville that I wanted to add a park. I used a lilsimsie Strangerville Park from the gallery, but only kept the center gazebo and the bathrooms. I wanted it more children oriented to see if some of the toddlers that Carly and Phillip can't go visit might come to the park. No toddlers came, but a couple children they recognized did show up. Maybe I have to call it a playground to get some toddlers. But it was a fun day.
Em has been finding she likes the little loveseat in Amelia's room. The only problem is Carly never trained Em not to bark. She did train her not to wake people up, but that apparently does not work on infants. If she barks, Amelia wakes up and does not like loud noises.
While Amelia sleeps, Carly and Phillip try to find some time for romance. This is the second floor deck on the front of the house.
But that peace did not last long until Amelia woke up. Phillip had her try her first food in the high chair. She was unsure about sweet potato puree.
And Phillip had her practicing how to stand.
And some play time.
And she got sleepy and Em got sleepy too.
And Carly and Phillip continued their romantic discussion over some leftovers.
And the discussion turned to babies.
![]() |
| Carly: We are pretty good at this baby thing. Do you think we should have another while we're here? Phillip: We only have the two bedrooms and that room is not big enough for two cribs. |
![]() |
| Carly: You don't really need a throne room. Maybe we could use that for a nursery? Phillip: Let's get Amelia out of diapers first, but yes, we could use that room. |
And the next morning, they woke up early to spend some time at the park. But first, Amelia had to get some food in her belly.
![]() |
| Em thinking that these infants sometimes throw food on the floor. She is ready when that happens. |
I put the outdoor movie projector at the park and was happy that I was seeing the picture. That is Yuna watching a movie. But she must have been on her way out because we could not interact.
Twila and Jace showed up and Twila was shocked to see Phillip, but not sure why. No Eric with them, but later Kara was there on her own. Twila and Jace left before they ever came into the park.
And Carly and Phillip tried out the splash pads. Amelia seemed to love the splashing.
Kara was enjoying the playground equipment. But every time we tried introducing Amelia to her, it would not take.
And Amelia did some tummy time with Mom.
And they got their family portrait. I was so glad this worked because when I tried the poses with infant Harrison, it was not working. This is my favorite.
And Amelia laid down for a nap and Carly played some fetch with Em before they left.
![]() |
| That is Kenji who just came down the slide. But they never saw Tae or Alej. |
I might be able to use it for a birthday party or a play date.


















Comments
Post a Comment